The Center for Innovation in Pain Care (CIPC) identifies and validated innovative approaches that can be clinically integrated to improve pain care and outcomes. The CIPC model is based on a multidisciplinary approach tied to partnerships between academic, industry, and philanthropic leaders. The Center's major long-term goals are to:
- Enhance chronic pain outpatient care with multimodal treatment approaches and digital health tools
- Enhance postoperative pain care by advancing opioid-free approaches that reduce hospital length of stay and frequency of re-hospitalization and transition of acute pain to chronic pain
- Develop comprehensive approaches based on the role of genetics and mood disorders in pain syndromes and opioid use disorder
- Enhance acute and chronic pain care in multiple arenas, including chronic outpatient care, inpatient acute and subacute postoperative pain care, and peripartum pain care
- Develop comprehensive pain assessment and treatment approaches focusing on the whole patient to personalize pain medicine
- Combat pain and opioid addiction with novel pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic treatments to maximize pain management and minimize opioid requirement
For more information, please visit the CIPC website.