The annual application deadline for the next fellowship period is May 31. Fellowships run from July 1-June 30 and begin the year after the application deadline.
The qualifications for the Pain Medicine Fellowship Program are that the applicant will have completed an AGCME-accredited residency program by the start of the fellowship. The program accepts applications from applicants who satisfactorily complete ACGME residencies in any of the following specialties:
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
Upon completion of the fellowship application, fellows will be selected by a review committee on the basis of letters of reference and the interview.
Please apply for the Pain Medicine Fellowship via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS®) for Applicants and register for the match with the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
Your application packet will be considered for an interview when all of the following required documents have been received.
- Transcript of your medical school record.
- Letter from your medical school Dean.
- At least three (3) letters of reference from physicians with whom you have had direct contact within the past year, one of which must be from your residency program director.
- A photocopy of either your National Board of Medical Examiners Exam scores (Parts I & II), USMLE scores (Steps 1 and 2), or FLEX scores.
- A copy of your ABMS-recognized specialty board certificate (if applicable)
- A photocopy of your USMLE Step 3 scores. (Required for ALL Fellowships in Pennsylvania)
- A photocopy of your ECFMG certificate (if applicable).
- A copy of your CV.
Questions regarding the application process should be directed to Angela Benvenuti Schultz at 412-692-4528 or AnesEducation@upmc.edu.